Contact person: Lily Yang
Mobile phone: +86 13016082712
Address: 201C No. 1 Shadu Road, Shawan Town, Panyu District, Guangzhou
The main material for hot stamping is anodized aluminum, also known as hot stamping foil. It mainly consists of two thin layers, namely a polyester film substrate and a transfer layer. During hot stamping, the transfer layer is imprinted on all or part of the surface of the substrate by the action of heat and pressure. After the hot stamping is completed, the polyester film edge is torn off along with the non transferred part.
The hot stamping process is divided into four steps:
1. Contact between hot stamping foil and substrate;
2. By virtue of heat and pressure, the heat transfer layer is dissolved and transferred to the surface of the substrate;
3. Remove pressure and peel off polyester film;
4. Feed the hot stamping foil and replace it with the substrate to be hot stamped.
The perfect hot stamping effect mainly depends on the level of coordination between temperature, pressure, and hot stamping time. In addition, it is also necessary to consider whether the substrate, hot stamping machine, hot stamping machine fixture, and pad are suitable. Finally, it is necessary to study the environmental conditions, including indoor temperature, substrate temperature, indoor air cleanliness (dust content), temperature, etc.
1. Hot stamping foil can be divided into two categories: roll and single sheet foil. The roll can be distinguished into different models based on the printing material. The ironing suitability, speed, temperature, pressure, quality of hot stamping plate installation and pad technology, as well as the tension adjustment of anodized aluminum and the condition of the hot stamping machine, are influenced by many factors between anodized aluminum and hot stamping materials. Among them, the ironing suitability speed, temperature, and pressure are the most important. The performance of various types of anodized aluminum varies, and the suitable printing materials also vary.
2. Hot stamping temperature: If the hot stamping temperature is too high, it will cause the hot stamping imprint to lose its metallic luster and blister, with unclear edges and even paste the board. If the hot stamping temperature is too low, it will not be able to hot stamp, and the hot stamping will not be firm or the handwriting will be hairy.
3. Hot stamping pressure: If the hot stamping pressure is too high, it can cause the paste or handwriting to become sticky. If the hot stamping pressure is too low, the hot stamping foil and substrate cannot adhere, and the hot stamping part of the hot stamping foil cannot be cut. The installation of hot stamping foil should not be too tight or too loose. When it is too tight, the handwriting is missing or broken, and when it is too loose, the handwriting is unclear and the plate is pasted.
4. Hot stamping speed, which actually reflects the contact time between the substrate and the hot stamping foil during hot stamping, directly affects the fastness of hot stamping. If the hot stamping speed is too fast, it can cause the hot stamping to fail or the imprint to appear blurred; If the hot stamping speed is too slow, it will not only affect the quality of hot stamping, but also affect production efficiency.
During the hot stamping process, speed, pressure, and temperature are mutually constrained, and the process parameters are always determined in the order of hot stamping speed, pressure, and temperature. Firstly, determine the hot stamping speed. Generally, it should be treated as a constant and not easily changed. Then find the corresponding hot stamping pressure and temperature. This can simplify the operating procedures and easily control the quality of hot stamping.
5. Hot stamping machine, according to the hot stamping method, can be divided into three types: flat pressing, circular pressing, and circular pressing; According to the position of the hot stamping plate, the hot stamping machine can be divided into vertical and horizontal types.
6. Substrate, also known as substrate for hot stamping, includes offset paper, copperplate paper, white cardboard (cardboard), textured paper, lacquer cloth, plastic products, etc.
In addition, the resin version can also replace the copper zinc version for hot stamping, as long as the temperature and pressure are well matched, good products can also be hot stamped. 1) The control of temperature is crucial as it directly affects the quality of hot stamping. If the temperature is too high, the resin version will also be burnt, and the hot stamping foil will also produce adhesion due to the influence of temperature. The printed words will be blurry, and the temperature should be determined based on the quality of the tree version. 2) Due to the toughness of the resin version, there is no need to use too much pressure, and the hot handwriting will also be very clear. 3) It is best to use double-sided tape for fixing the resin version, as this tape will not affect insulation and is easy to control temperature.
The operator of the hot stamping machine must pay attention, work synchronously with hands and feet, and maintain a certain distance from the hot stamping heating plate to avoid accidents. For machine calibration, please carefully read the accompanying user manual.